Katharine Hepburn on Reality


Katharine Hepburn in George Bernard Shaw's The Millionairess, 1952.




Interview with Katharine Hepburn
Conducted by James Grissom
New York
1990


The only reality that is true is the one you create for yourself. I'm not talking about world issues, like war and starvation--these are things we must all notice and take care of as best we can. I'm talking about these personalities and opportunities that everyone talks about, and that everyone thinks are foisted upon them. We have the reality about ourselves that we accept, and I was never going to let anyone tell me what was appropriate for me, and no one should stand for it. It is entirely up to us to take the big leap toward what we think we can and should do. 




©  2017  James Grissom

Comments

Popular Posts