Tennessee Williams: The Beauty of the World




Interview with Tennessee Williams
 Conducted by James Grissom
1982


It is the pursuit of beauty in things and people that is the journey--the real journey. I was happiest when I sought beauty in words and music and images. I was happiest in movies or in the middle of a symphony--whatever allowed the mind to ponder all that was possible and glorious. The world, I suppose, is the result of actions taken by people possessed of an image or an idea, and the  world I care most about is constructed from those images that reminded someone of the beauty and the nobility of people. I'm back on the job of looking for this beauty, and nothing is safe from my eyes and my ears. I want to find and host the beauty of the world.


©  2015   James Grissom

Comments

Popular Posts